Full-time Master of Global Management (MGM)
Start date : 1 Sep. 2014
Price : € 10500
Request the detailed program information
To download the pdf, fill in a simple form.
This master program provides recent graduates with all knowledge, social skills and the right business attitude required to start a successful international business career in a wide range of sectors and in different functions.
As a result of the ever increasing globalization, managers need to be internationally oriented. In the Master of Global Management, participants from all over the world come together to prepare for a successful international business career.
Why follow this program at Antwerp Management School?
This master provides you with all knowledge, social skills and the right business attitude that is required to start a successful international business career in a wide range of sectors and in different functions.We promote creative leadership, responsibility and professionalism in a student-friendly environment. In this way we educate our students to become young professionals who are ready to take on important responsibilities in the global business community.
Through the cultural diversity of the student body and the international teaching staff, students will learn how to cope with the complexities of international business communication. Working together on case studies and company projects will make students fully aware of their personal and team strengths in an international context.
Our Career Management Service helps you launch your career. Throughout the complete year a Career Development Manager will guide you. Additionally you will have access to our documentation center and a database of companies and organizations.
Eduniversal Master Ranking 2012-2013 Western Europe: 39/40
What can you expect?
Content level: Building Expertise
After attending this program
- You will have gained deep understanding of all management functions
- You will have strong business skills such as entrepreneurship, people management, team motivation, emotional intelligence and the promotion of creativity
- You will have developped social skills, problem solving and communication skills and the capacity for teamwork and leadership
- You are able to integrate the knowledge and skills required to understand the global strategic challenges of an organization and know how to respond to those challenges
- You will know your personal strengths and areas of improvement
- You will have better understanding and appreciate cultural differences and their impact on business
- You will have developped a professional and ethical business attitude
- You know how business functions in society and are ready to take an active role in the development of society in general
What's this program about?
The Master of Global Management is taught in an interactive way. Students are expected to actively participate in class discussions, analyse business cases, prepare business presentations, report by means of group papers and engage in computer-assisted exercises. In all courses the focus will be on the practical application of concepts in real business life.Through this practice-oriented approach, you will get to know the present international business environment, gain an in-depth view of all functional areas of management and get the opportunity to practice all this in a real-life business situation in an international company. Core courses include:
- Management and organization
- Economic analysis and managerial decision making
- People management in a global context
- Financial and management accounting
- Marketing management
- Financial Management
- Asian economic and business environment
- Global strategic management
- Business in the European Union
- Leadership Development Track
- Master project, including:
International trade management
Business research methods
Career level: Recent graduate
This program is designed for
The Master of Global Management is designed for recent university graduates from any background or young professionals, with a maximum of 3 years of working experience, who want to build their career in an international business environment.
In past editions we welcomed participants
We have welcomed over 600 students from more than 50 countries all over the world. They had a previous degree in law, business, engineering, languages, sciences, Arts and many other educational backgrounds. Countries of origin of the alumni:
Rest of Europe: 12%
Rest of Asia: 23%
North &South America: 5%
Africa & Middle East: 2%
Antwerp Management School Faculty
Other Academic Faculty
- Marc Ingham , Visiting lecturer and Research Associate CRECIS, IAG School of Management
- Wilfried Parys, PhD , Economic Analysis
- Patrick Vervinckt, PhD , Human Resources Management
- Véronique Weets, PhD , International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Chlala Nadi ,
- Paul Matthyssens, PhD , Strategic Management & Value Creation in Business Markets
- Paul Roosens, PhD , European Economic Integration - Business in the European Union
- Liliane Van Hoof , Docent, Universiteit Antwerpen
When? Where? How?
Start: September 1, 2014
End: August 31, 2015
€ 10500 (VAT exempted)
Included: all student facilities at Antwerp Management School and the costs of field trips. Excluded: books and documentation.
Antwerp Management School
|German residents can apply for scholarships via Deutsche Bildung. More information
Candidates should hold a degree that represent 4 years of full-time study at university level, resulting in a master’s degree or an equivalent bachelor’s degree (a full time, 4-year curriculum, excluding orientation or preparatory years). It is possible to apply before you have completed your studies. In this case, the selection procedure will take place under the assumption that you graduate from your present studies before starting the program. Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required.
The master degree 'Master of Global Management', is officially recognized by the Flemish Community and will be handed out upon succesfully completing the exams.
The program is AACSB, NVAO and Eduniversal accredited.
1. Fill in the online application form on top of this page and upload the following documents:
- Motivation essay; detailed instructions on how to write this essay can be found here
2. Send scanned versions of your transcripts, academic record, TOEFL/IELTS scores (except for native English speakers or applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies in a native English speaking country) to firstname.lastname@example.org
When taking the test, quote TOEFL institution code: 3148
We strongly encourage early application, as we only accept a limited number of students. Moreover, applying early will give non-EU students sufficient time to arrange for visas. The deadline to apply for EU citizens is September 10, 2014 and for non-EU citizens June 30, 2014.
Once your application file has been accepted, Skype or telephone interviews will be organized to get a better insight of your motivation, perseverance, personality, leadership skills, as well as your knowledge of English.