Paul Matthyssens, PhD
- Value Creation
- Business Markets
- Global Business
- Strategic Management
- Buyer-Supplier Relations
Dean Antwerp Management School
Prof. Dr. Paul Matthyssens is dean of Antwerp Management School and is Professor of Global Strategic Management at the University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School. He received the best Full-time master teacher award in 2014. He is a guest professor at DTU Business in Lyngby (DK) and Fordham University (US).
Dr. Matthyssens published about 100 articles in top academic journals such as Journal of Management Studies, Strategic Organization,Industrial Marketing Management, Long Range Planning, Technovation, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Psychology & Marketing, International Marketing Review and Journal of Purchasing & Supply Management. Matthyssens was member of the Industry Council of the Flemish Minister-President (2010-2014). His research interests include business and industrial marketing, value innovation, global strategy and purchasing strategy.
Matthyssens serves on the editorial boards of many international journals. He advises companies and trains managers of companies such as ERIKS EU/USA, SD Worx, Roche, Fabricom-Suez, Asco, Barco, SKF, Proximus, Atlas Copco, Finmeccanica, and Oiltanking. He advises sector federations in Belgium and The Netherlands on industry convergence and transition, and supports the provincial authorities of Antwerp on their industrial policy and on their business incubation centers.
Full-time Master of Global Supply Chain Management
A practice-oriented business program that gives insights in global and complex supply chains to young professionals, with little or no experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Berghman, L., P. Matthyssens, S. Streukens and K. Vandenbempt (2013), “Deliberate learning mechanisms for stimulating strategic innovation capacity”, Long Range Planning, 46 (1-2), 39-71.
- Van Bockhaven, W., P. Matthyssens and K. Vandenbempt and (2013), “Structural antecedents of institutional entrepreneurship in industrial networks: A critical realist explanation”, Industrial Marketing Management, 42(3), April, 405-420.
- Vanderstraeten, J. and P. Matthyssens (2012), "Service-based differentiation strategies for business incubators: exploring external and internal alignment", Technovation, 32(12), pp. 653-716.
- Buyl, T., C. Boone, W. and P. Matthyssens (2011), ‘'Upper echelons and managerial cognition”, Strategic Organization, 9(3), August, 240-246.
- Buyl, T., C. Boone, W. Hendriks and P. Matthyssens (2011), ‘'Top Management Team Functional Diversity and Firm Performance: The Moderating Role of CEO Characteristics', Journal of Management Studies, 48(1), (January), 151-177.
+32 (0)3 265 47 58