International Research Conference on the Cultural and Creative Industries
Entrepreneurial Spirit, Knowledge Institutions and Urban Environment
22 May 2014, 08:30
We kindly invite you to the 3rd International Research Conference on the Cultural and Creative Industries, Antwerp, Belgium, 22-23 May 2014.
The conference taps in to the changing dynamics between creative industries, knowledge institutions and urban policy.
ATTEND A UNIQUE CONFERENCE
- We want to look ‘beyond frames’ and tap into three new topics: the dynamics between creative industries, knowledge institutions, entrepreneurial spirit and the urban environment.
- Participate in lively discussion between international experts and academics.
- Discover Antwerp, city of culture and creativity.
According to the New York Times: “Antwerp has an abundance of art treasures, both trend-setting and classic, that deserve to shine as brightly.”
- Great network opportunities with fellow experts and academics.
- Keynote by Edna Dos Santos, former Head of Creative Economy at UNCTAD, R.C. Kloosterman (University of Amsterdam) and Dany Jacobs (HKU University of the Arts Utrecht).
- Unofficial opening Wednesday evening May 21, An evening hosted by Vizier: Creative entrepreneurship & the vacant property challenge: perspectives from the Low Countries.
On Thursday May 22, Edna Dos Santos, R.C. Kloosterman and Dany Jacobs share their ideas in key note speeches. In the afternoon, we host several paper sessions, in which academics present recent research insights. They present their research activities and research articles as well as theoretical/conceptual papers that engage with pertinent questions and issues in depth from a pedagogical, sociological, cultural, political, economic, philosophical and/or ethical standpoint reporting on case studies or developments within our three conference topics.
On Thursday evening we launch the second book in the Series Pioneering Minds, ‘Beyond Frames The Cultural and Creative Industries and their links with Entrepreneurial Spirit, Urban Environment and Knowledge Institutions’, festively in Designcenter De Winkelhaak.
On Friday May 23, we have more room for paper sessions. Furthermore, Paul Rutten, Isabelle De Voldere and Eric Hitters present ongoing research projects. Afterwards time is reserved for reflection and debate. Round table discussion sessions with all participants are held to reflect on the research agenda in the Cultural and Creative Industries. We conclude with a debate where we link academic insights back to practice. Pascal Cools (Flanders DC), Dirk Diels (City of Antwerp), Valerie Frissen (Click.nl) and Gerard Marlet (Atlas voor Gemeenten) have already confirmed their attendance to the panel.
The conference is organized by Antwerp Management School, the University of Antwerp and HKU University of the Arts (Utrecht).
For any questions about the conference, please send an email to: email@example.com
With the support of:
+32 (0)3 265 47 53
- CI Center CI_Center RT @RblsWe: We are very proud to announce launch of the new @AntwMgtSchool student blog! Join us for the launch party tonight! https://t.co…
- CI Center CI_Center RT @pbertels: Meer weten over kruisbestuiving met #cici? Bezoek de gloednieuwe website cici.flandersdc.be van @flandersdc en @IWTinno…
- CI Center CI_Center RT @denktank_vizier: IMMIGREREN EN ONDERNEMEN: Wat verstaan we allemaal onder ondernemerschap? Ik vind het begrip altijd erg lastig... http…