This program is taught in: English
About the program
Finance professionals with a strong background in analytical and practical decision making are increasingly demanded by a wide range of multinational corporations and financial institutions such as banks, mutual funds, pension funds, insurance companies and investment agencies.
This master program prepares young graduates with a background in finance or economics for a future in the financial sector by providing them with a business attitude combined with the necessary analytical and practical decision making and management skills.
Furthermore, you can obtain a Dual Master’s Degree in Finance in just 1 year by following this program.
After attending this program:
- you have a strong background in analytical and practical decision making;
- you have a set of skills ranging from corporate finance decisions to portfolio management and derivative pricing;
- you have a thorough knowledge of the theory and concepts of all major areas of financial management and their strategic implementation.
Dublin Descriptors and Learning outcomes Master in Finance
- Computer Applications in Finance
- Case Seminar in Corporate Finance
- Empirical Research in Finance
- Global Financial Markets I
- Global Financial Markets II
- Advanced Investment Analysis
- Advanced Financial Risk Management
- Raising Capital and Investing in Global Financial Markets
- Real Estate Finance
- Contemporary Issues in Global Finance
- Master Project
Students can opt to go to New York in July/August. By taking up and successfully finishing only 3 additional finance courses, they will obtain the Master of Science in Global Finance from Fordham Gabelli School of Business. This involves an extra tuition fee of around $15,000.
The following courses will be taught at Fordham:
- Global Equity Portfolio Management
- Global Corporate Governance
- Global Risk Management
Our Leadership and Career Development Track helps you launch your career. Throughout the entire year a Career Development Manager will guide you. Additionally you will have access to our documentation center and a database of companies and organizations.
This program is designed for recent university graduates, who have a strong interest and basic background in finance/economics and who want to build a career in finance.
Profile of current edition (2016-2017)
Number of students: 30
- Female students: 10
- Male students: 20
Number of nationalities: 6