This program is taught in: English
About the program
We help participants learn how to use state-of-the-art theory to simplify, understand and predict reality. Participants receive practical guidance through all stages of growing an emerging and innovative business. Each course of the MIE program offers an optimal balance between theory and practice and is characterized by a “learning by doing” approach.
By using various interactive pedagogical instruments such as workshops, case studies, simulations, exercises, video analyses and real-life cases, this program stimulates action learning and deep understanding. This way candidates will develop the creative mindset and the innovation capabilities of an entrepreneurial leader.
After attending this program:
- you have acquired state-of-the-art knowledge of, and practice with innovation strategy and management, innovation and entrepreneurial finance and corporate entrepreneurial leadership;
- you have conceptual knowledge of and practical experience with innovation and entrepreneurial tools and techniques such as business model innovation, value road mapping and business planning;
- innovative & entrepreneurial marketing will be part of your DNA;
- you have developed the creative mindset and innovation capabilities of a (corporate) entrepreneurial leader;
- you have broadened your network by meeting entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and CEOs of innovative companies during the corporate workshops, labs and master project;
- you know how to turn a creative idea into a successful business.
The MIE program consists of two main stages:
Deep Dive – 1st semester
Deep Dive is the stage which builds all basic knowledge & skills participants need to understand innovation and new business development. In life-cycle terminology, participants obtain all knowledge to concur the stages from ideation, concept, seed, product, to market development. This is covered during the first semester.
- Leadership Development Track
- Creative Thinking
- Business Planning/Business Modeling
- Innovation Strategy
- Advanced Strategy & Innovation
- Marketing Innovations
- Accounting for new Businesses
- Finance for New Businesses
Towards Epiphany 2nd & 3rd semester
Towards Epiphany is the stage during which participants experience their own learning curve and start to understand the market calibration and expansion stage of an innovation or start-up company.
- Experience Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Advanced Finance for Innovation
- Management & Organization
- Law for Innovation & the Entrepreneur
- Sales and Negotiation for Innovation
- Pricing of Innovations
- Master Project + Innovation & Entrepreneurship Labs
For more information: download the brochure
Number of nationalities
The master’s degree “Master in Management: Innovation and Entrepreneurship” is officially recognized by the Flemish Community and will be handed out upon successful completion of the exams. The program is AACSB, NVAO and Eduniversal accredited.