Read all about the current AMS COVID-19 safety measures for students & for visitors

FAQ Covid-19 - Full-Time Master's Programs

FAQ Covid-19 - Full-Time Master's programs

General questions

Will the classes be on campus?

AMS has several scenarios ready for the various color codes set by the government to indicate the severity of the pandemic.

With the ongoing vaccination campaign, the future looks bright and we expect to kick off this academic year on campus.

But in this fast changing world, flexibility is key, so we are prepared for different situations. (See video below 📽️)

In any case, we will always strive to have as many classes on campus as possible.

What if I contract COVID-19 whilst I am in Belgium?

The Belgian hospitals have been very well prepared to treat corona patients. The Belgian healthcare system is one of the best in the world. Every corona patient is being treated in a private room at intensive care.


What if I am still not allowed to travel when my program starts?

If due to travel restrictions you won't be able to make it to the AMS campus on time, we offer one month "bridging". During this period, up until 4 weeks after the official start date of your program, we will offer you an alternative way to keep up with the classes. Please note that all late arrivals need to be approved by your program manager.

What should I do on arrival?

All individuals arriving in or returning to Belgium are required to complete the Public Health Passenger Locator Form within the 48 hours prior to their arrival.

Additional regulations apply depending on the country from which you departed. The Belgian government uses a color code in which countries range from green to red, thus indicating any action you need to take upon arrival in Belgium. Check the updated color coded list of countries on the Belgian Foreign Affairs website (scroll down to ‘You are returning from…’).
For students traveling to Belgium by plane: the form must be completed before boarding and presented to the carrier. On arrival from a country outside the Schengen area, the form must be handed over to the border police.