- Master’s in Organizational Psychology
- Master’s in Marketing Management
- Ph.D. in Management / Organizational Behavior (IESE Business School / University of Navarra, Spain)
- Postgraduate in Neuroscience of Leadership.
Research, teaching and consulting:
- Organizational Behavior
- (Neuroscience of) Leadership
- Employee well-being and flexible work arrangements
- Organizational Coaching
- Cultural intelligence
Mostly with a cross-cultural perspective.
Prof. dr. Steven Poelmans has coached over 250 executives of more than 30 different nationalities and published 30 reviewed journal articles, 28 chapters in academic volumes, and 8 books. On Research Gate he scores 26,52 putting him in the 82,5% percentile of most read / cited researchers in management. He is a Top 50 Overall Contributor to Work and Family Research according to the Work-Family Researchers Network (2018).
Steven is also a founding member of the European Academy of Management, international affiliate of the Academy of Management and the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and professor of self-leadership in the Executive academy of the European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD).
At Antwerp Management School, he is professor of Leadership and lead professor of the Personal & Academic Development Track in the Executive PhD program. He is founder and director of the NeuroTrainingLab™, a leadership development methodology using competencies assessment and neurophysiologic indicators.