Article 1 – General
1.1. AMS complies with the “Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data”, as amended by the Law of 11 December 1998 as well as the anti-spam provisions of Book XII of the Belgian Code of Economic Law concerning the ” law of the electronic economy ” as well as the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data. (“GDPR”)
Article 2 – Personal data
2.1. Personal data that you communicate to us:
- Category 1: without registration and when visiting our website: your IP address and surfing behavior on our website, The entry site you used to reach our website and the search terms you used to find us online;
- Category 2: Upon your application or enrollment as a student; your name, first name, date and place of birth, sex, national ID number, nationality, student history, bank account number, e-mail, company name and company ID, medical details, food allergies, dyslexia, dyscalculation
- Category 3: Upon your registration: upon registration for our newsletter or request to receive a brochure, white paper or any other documentation or information: your name, e-mail, company name, company ID, your social media account if you contact us through social media
- Category 4: As a supplier, partner, teacher, guest teacher: your company ID, name, first name, address, bank account, CV, e-mail
- Category 5: Upon your participation in scientific research studies: your name, first name, address, e-mail and any data that is relevant in connection with the research project and/or that your provide us during the research. Scientific research may necessitate the processing of sensitive data (your origin, religion, political preferences, sexual preferences, trade union membership, …). In such event, we will ask for your explicit permission prior to any processing activity.
- Category 6: During your stay with us as a student, guest, participant in events: camera footage, photo’s, papers, exam results and deliberations, CV, food preferences, vehicle license plate, date and time of arrival and departure, any specific information you may from time to time decide to share with us as a student, guest or participant in events.
- Category 7: After your graduation and as part of our alumni activities: your name, e-mail, address, phone number, degree, graduate year
2.2. AMS can collect data from you (Personal Data) in different ways:
- Upon your registration on our website
- Upon your enrollment or application as a student or for an event or as participant in scientific research programs
- Upon engaging in a relationship with you as a supplier, partner, teacher
Article 3 – Purposes of the processing
3.1. . General purposes: AMS will only use the Personal Data collected by you for the following purposes:
- Category 1: the maintenance and improvement of our Website and the inclusion of Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be determined, based on the legitimate interests of AMS to continuously improve its Website and services;
- Category 2: Management of your student account during your study with us, with as legal basis the execution of a contract and, if so opted by you, sending of direct marketing with as legal basis your explicit prior consent;
- Category 3: sending you direct marketing, newsletters, actions, promotions, with as a legal basis your explicit prior consent
- Category 4: management of your supplier, partner or teacher account in view of administration and accounting & the delivery of certain services of your choice, with as a legal ground the execution of an agreement or, in the event of direct marketing, your prior explicit consent
- Category 5: Scientific research, with as a legal basis the execution of an agreement and, to the extent possible, your prior explicit consent
- Category 6: Ensuring our day-to-day operations as well as our communication and online and offline marketing with as a legal basis our legitimate interest and, to the extent possible, your prior explicit consent
- Category 7: Our Alumni contacts with as a legal basis our legitimate interests and, to the extent possible, your prior explicit consent.
You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Data, but you must understand that the provision of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse the processing.
3..2. Direct marketing:
The personal data may also be used for direct marketing of our services, provided you have given an additional explicit permission (“opt-in”) for this or you are an existing client of AMS and have not opted out or we use a non-personal e-mail address to contact you.
If you are already included in our mailing list for receiving marketing material in paper and / or electronic form, AMS can use your details for sending marketing and other material with regard to AMS, its products and / or services. AMS can use the information you provide for updating documents saved by AMS.
This permission can be withdrawn at any time, without justification and free of charge, for example by clicking on the appropriate cancellation link at the bottom of each promotional e-mail message.
3.3. Transfer to third parties:
AMS will reasonably attempt to inform you in advance of the fact that AMS will disclose your information to the said third parties, but you also acknowledge that this is not always technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances and that the information above is sufficient to inform you of the possibility of any data transfer we might envision.
AMS may also exchange your data with government agencies, University of Antwerp, other universities or colleges, scientific institutions, our software- and hosting providers, our various service providers, our teaching staff, …
AMS will not sell your Personal Data, nor rent, distribute or otherwise make commercially available to third parties, except as described above or with your prior consent.
In the event of full or partial reorganization or transfer of activities of AMS, where it reorganizes, transfers, ceases its activities or if AMS goes bankrupt, this may mean that your data will be transferred to new entities or third parties through which the business activities of AMS are wholly or partially carried out, transferred.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In rare cases, AMS may have to disclose your Personal Data pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. AMS will reasonably attempt to inform you in advance in this respect, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
All data is stored and processed by us for a period that is necessary depending of the Purpose of the processing and in function of any contractual relationship between AMS and yourself.
- Category 1: Your data is stored for the duration of your internet session and is anonymized afterwards.
- Category 2: Your data is stored up until 7 years after your graduation. Your bank account, accounting information, social law data and tax details will be stored for the relevant periods as prescribed by applicable law. Study points, copies of certificates and diploma will be kept an unlimited period of time.
- Category 3: Your data is stored up until 4 years after your last contact with us (request for information, download, registration for an event, …)
- Category 4: Your accounting, social and tax data are stored for the relevant periods as prescribed by applicable law. Your contact details will be stored up until 15 years after the end of your relationship with AMS
- Category 5: Your data is stored indeterminately, for reasons of future scientific research
- Category 6: Your data is stored for the storage periods prescribed by law (camera security) of on a case by case assessment basis for the duration required for our internal operations
- Category 7: Your data is stored indeterminately, for reasons of future alumni activities and follow-up.
Article 5 – Your rights
5.1. Right of access and information:
You have the right to receive free access to your personal data at any time, as well as to be informed of the use we make of your personal data.
5.2. Right of improvement, deletion and limitation of the processing:
You are free to decide not to communicate your personal data to AMS. You also have the right to request us to correct or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that in case of refusal of communication or if you request for the removal of personal data, certain services of the Website may not be available.
You may also request to limit the processing of your Personal Data.
5.3. . Right to object:
You also have a right of opposition to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate
In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such a case you do not have to provide us with reasons for this demand.
5.4. Right of data portability :
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data processed by us in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and / or ask Us to transfer it to other Data controllers.
5.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
Insofar as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that permission.
5.6. Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us for this purpose, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to AMS (address indicated above), and always provide us with a copy of your identity card so that we are able to verify that the demand is coming from you.
5.7. Right of complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with:
Belgian Data Protection Authority,
Rue des Presses 35,
Tel +32 (0) 2 274 48 00,
Fax +32 (0) 2 274 48
This right is without prejudice is without prejudice of eventual proceedings if you suffer damage as a
result of the processing of your personal data, you can submit a claim for compensation with a civil
Article 6 – Security and confidentiality
6.1. We have developed security measures that are adapted on a technical and organizational level in order to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or notification by mistake to third parties of personal data collected as well as any other unauthorized processing of the data.
6.2. Under no circumstances can AMS be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of your personal data.
6.3. You should respect our security regulations at all times, a.o. by preventing any unlawful use of or access to your account and passwords. You are sole responsible for the use of our website from your IP-address, device, password and account name.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
7.1. In order to process your personal data, we may grant access to your personal data to our employees and appointees (including processors or sub-processors).
7.2. We guarantee a similar level of protection by making contractual obligations enforceable against
these employees and appointees such as required by the GDPR.
Article 8 – Cookies
8.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent by AMS server and placed on the hard drive of your computer. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by us and only for the duration of the visit to the Website.
8.3. Types of cookies:
Although there are different types of cookies, distinguished in terms of functionality, origin or storage period, the legislation mainly distinguishes between functional or technically necessary cookies on the one hand and all other cookies on the other.
The Website only uses following cookies:
Tracking of who visits the website and his/her usage behaviour
Tracking of who visits the website and his/her usage behaviour
Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts,
We use this cookie to keep track of your visit. This way, we know from the next page you visit that you are the same person who viewed the previous page.
Keep track of whether cookies are accepted.
The main cookie for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, utk, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).
Analytisch & Functioneel
This cookie is used to keep track of a visitor’s identity. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.
Analytical & Functional
This cookie keeps track of sessions. This is used to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie. It contains the domain, viewCount (increments each pageView in a session), and session start timestamp.
Analytical & Functional
Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session.
Cloudflare (set by Hubspot)
The __cfduid cookie is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.
Used for routing
Checks language of website
Statistics for LinkedIn ads
Statistics for LinkedIn ads
SSID, SID, SAPISID, APISID, HSID, SS, NID, SIDCC
Analytical & Functional
Stores user preferences and information when visiting these pages where Google integrations have been used (Google Maps, Youtube, …)
1 year à 2 year
NID, SID, APISID, 1P_Jar
Custom ads are shown based on recent searches and previous interactions
For cookies placed by third parties (including Google Analytics) we refer you to the statements that these parties give on their respective websites. Please note: we do not exert any influence on the content of these statements, nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics cookies
8.4. Your permission:
On your first visit to our Website you will be asked to accept our different types of cookies. You can allow or deny category by category of cookies. You can change the cookie settings for our Website at any time via the hyperlink at the bottom of our website and thus revoke your consent.
You can also refuse or block cookies by changing the configuration parameters of your navigation system. Disabling cookies may mean that you cannot use certain features of the Website.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us, either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to AMS (address indicated above), or by using the part ” Contact us “on the Website.
More information about cookies can also be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org... information on online behavioral advertising and online privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/