We do this with the aim of getting in touch with you or staying in touch about services to be provided, follow-up of services provided or to be able to anticipate all your questions. This is a pre-contractual or contractual relationship. If, exceptionally, we receive other personal data from you privately, these will only be used for 1 specific purpose and only temporarily stored. Contact: DPO@ams.ac.be
Article 1 – General
Article 2 – Personal data
2.1. Personal data that you provide to us:
- Category 1, without registration during your visit to our website: your IP address, the search terms you used to reach us and your surfing behavior on our website;
- Category 2 : With your application or registration as a student: your name, first name, address, date of birth, place of birth, gender, national register number, nationality, study history, bank account number, e-mail, company name and company details, medical data, food allergy, dyslexia/dyscalculia
- Category 3 : upon registration: upon subscription to our newsletter or your request to obtain a brochure, white paper or other documentation or your request for information: your name and e-mail address, company name and company details, your social media account if you contact us via this road contacts;
- Category 4 : As a supplier, partner, teacher, guest teacher of AMS: your company details, name, first name, address, bank account number, CV, e-mail;
- Category 5 : When you participate in scientific research: your surname, first name, address, e-mail, as well as other data that are relevant to the research conducted, all information that you provide to us or that is collected in function of the research conducted. The research we conduct may potentially require the processing of particularly protected categories of data (your origin, religion, political preference, sexual preference, trade union membership, etc.). In such a case, we always ask for your prior explicit permission;
- Category 6: During your stay as a student, guest, participant in events: camera images, photos, papers, exam results and deliberations, CV, information regarding food preferences, registration number of your car, date and time of arrival and departure, information that you voluntarily provide to us regarding punctual matters (including discussions with our ombudsman, confidential adviser, etc…)
- Category 7: After your studies in the context of our alumni activities: your name, e-mail, address, telephone number, specialization, graduation year
2.2. AMS may collect information about your Personal Information in several ways:
- by using cookies (see below);
- during your registration and use of the website;
- on the occasion of your registration or application for a course or event or for participation in scientific research
- on the occasion of entering into a supplier, partner or teacher relationship with you.
Article 3 – Purposes of the processing
3.1. General Purposes: The Company will only use the Personal Data collected from you for the following purposes:
- Category 1 : maintaining and improving this Website and including Personal Data in anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be traced, with the legal basis of AMS' legitimate interests in continuously improving its Website and services
- Category 2 : managing your student account in order to follow a course, the legal execution of a contract requested by you, and if you specify, also sending direct marketing, the legal basis your explicit, prior consent;
- Category 3: sending you direct marketing, newsletters, promotions and promotions, with your explicit prior consent as legal basis;
- Category 4: the management of your supplier, partner or teacher account for the purpose of the administrative and accounting follow-up of the provision by you of certain services to AMS, with the legal basis of the performance of an agreement requested by you, and, if indicated by you, also sending direct marketing, with your explicit prior consent as legal basis;
- Category 5 : Scientific research, the legal basis of which is the execution of an agreement with you and, if possible, your explicit prior consent;
- Category 6: Ensuring the day-to-day operation of AMS as well as our communication and marketing offline and online with a legitimate interest as the legal basis and where possible your prior consent;
- Category 7: Alumni activities with a legitimate interest as legal basis and, where possible, your prior consent.
You are not obliged to disclose Your Personal Data, but understand that the provision of certain services becomes impossible if You refuse the processing.
3.2. Direct marketing:
The personal data will also be used for direct marketing, provided you have given additional explicit permission for this ("opt-in").
If you are already included in our mailing list to receive marketing materials in paper and/or electronic form, AMS may use your information to send marketing and other materials related to AMS, its products and/or services. AMS may use the information you provide to update documents held by AMS.
This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without justification and free of charge, for example by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided for this purpose at the bottom of every promotional e-mail message.
3.2.1 CLICK BEHAVIOR AND VISIT DATA
Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used, to provide us with reports about the Website and to provide its advertisers with information about the effectiveness of their campaigns. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar as these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed Google to use the obtained analytics information for other Google services.
3.2.2 FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE AND LINKEDIN
Our website includes buttons to promote or share pages on social networks Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn. These buttons are realized by code provided by the social media channels themselves. This code places, among other things, a cookie.
Read the privacy statement of these social networks (which can change regularly) to see what they do with your personal data that they process with this code.
We offer a newsletter with which we want to inform interested parties about news, our services and related matters. Your e-mail address will only be added to the list of subscribers with your explicit consent. Every newsletter contains a link with which you can unsubscribe. The subscriber file of the newsletter is not provided to third parties.
Would you like to fill in the contact form on our website? When giving permission, personal data will be processed as described in this privacy statement and we can always be reached by e-mail.
For more information, you can consult our Cookie Statement.
3.3. Transfer to third parties:
AMS will make reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notice that AMS will disclose your information to said third party, but you also acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
Your data may be shared with the government, the University of Antwerp, other universities and colleges, scientific institutions, our software and hosting providers, our various service providers, for the purpose of rankings, our independent teaching staff, etc. We conclude processing agreements with various parties in which it is stipulated that they are hold to comply with the GDPR guidelines.
AMS will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make commercially available your Personal Information to third parties, except as described above or without your prior consent.
In the event of a full or partial reorganization or transfer of AMS's activities, in which case it reorganizes, transfers, ceases its business activities or if AMS goes bankrupt, this may mean that your data is given to new entities or third parties through which the business activities of AMS are carried out in whole or in part, are transferred.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In rare cases, AMS may be required to disclose your Personal Information pursuant to a court order or to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. AMS will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance of this, unless this is subject to legal restrictions.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
The personal data is stored and processed by us for a period that is necessary in function of the purposes of the processing and in function of the contractual relationship between the Company and you.
- Category 1 : your data is stored for the duration of your surfing session and afterwards processed anonymously and statistically;
- Category 2 : Your data will be kept for 7 years after your training at AMS has ended; Your bank details, accounting, social law and tax data are stored for the retention periods provided for by law. Points lists, copies of certificates and diplomas are kept indefinitely.
- Category 3: Your data will be kept up to 4 years after your last active contact with us (request for info, download, registration for an event, ...);
- Category 4: Your accounting, social law and tax data are stored for the retention periods provided for by law. Your contact details will be kept for 15 years after the end of your supplier, partner, teacher or guest teacher relationship with AMS;
- Category 5 : Your data will be stored for an unlimited period of time, given the importance over time of the content of our scientific research;
- Category 6: Your data will be kept for the period provided for by law (camera surveillance) or to be assessed on a case-by-case basis for the minimum period necessary for our internal operation;
- Category 7: Your data will be stored for an unlimited period of time, given the importance of our alumni activities over time.
- Category 8: In some cases, AMS has a statutory retention obligation. Think of the Archives Act, which obliges the AMS to keep diplomas obtained for 30 years.
Article 5 – Your rights
5.1. Right of access and inspection:
You have the right to obtain free access to Your personal data at any time, as well as to the use that We make of Your personal data.
5.2. Right of correction, deletion and limitation:
You are free to choose whether or not to share Your personal data with AMS. In addition, you always have the right to request us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that in the event of refusal of communication or request for deletion of personal data, certain services and products will not be available.
You may also request that the processing of your Personal Data be restricted.
5.3. Right to object:
You also have a right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case you do not have to give reasons.
5.4. Right of free data transfer:
You have the right to obtain Your Personal Data processed by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form and/or to transfer it to other controllers.
5.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
To the extent that the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
5.6. Exercise of your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by e-mail to email@example.com , by post to AMS at the address stated at the top of this Privacy or by using the "contact us" section. " on the website. In each of the aforementioned cases, you must enclose a copy of your identity card. [copy of your identity card, passport or similar document, on which you can delete data that are not relevant to verify your identity as a data subject. You can also state the name of the organization, the date and the purpose of your request on this print, so that the print cannot be used for other purposes afterwards]
5.7. Automatic decisions and profiling:
The processing of Your Personal Data does not include profiling, nor will You be subject to automated decisions by us.
Article 6 – Security and confidentiality
6.1. We have developed security measures that are adapted from a technical and organizational point of view to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or notification to third parties by mistake of personal data collected as well as any other unauthorized processing of this information
6.2. Under no circumstances can AMS be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of the personal data.
6.3. You must comply with the security regulations at all times, including by preventing any unauthorized access to your login and code. You are therefore solely responsible for the use made from the Website of Your computer, IP address and Your identification data, as well as for their confidentiality.
6.4. History teaches us that no risk can be completely avoided and should we become aware of unauthorized access to our IT systems or unauthorized alteration, damage or possible loss of your data, we will immediately take all necessary steps to mitigate this risk. minimize and avoid in the future.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
7.1. In order to process Your personal data, We grant access to Your personal data to our employees.
Article 8 – Complaints
Right to lodge a complaint:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax : +32 (0)2 274 48 35
This is without prejudice to a provision before a civil court.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time.