This program is taught in English
About the program
Modern organizations are operating these days in hypercompetitive environments, forcing them constantly to monitor monitoring their environment for new business opportunities and to aim striving for stakeholder satisfaction by delivering products and services of unprecedented quality. For most enterprises this has resulted in important challenges with increasing complexity and continuous change. Moreover, these challenges are requiring high evolvability, agility and flexibility of the organization and its information systems.
As there are obviously no simple solutions, enterprises are looking for advanced expertise grounded in research. In order to meet this demand, Antwerp Management School and the University of Antwerp have established a unique partnership to offer a professional Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture. This executive master program is built upon state-of-the-art scientific research in the field of ‘enterprise engineering’ at both universities.
This part-time master program provides an overview and scientific evaluation of frequently used enterprise architecture and systems development methodologies, i.e. TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate, Unified Process, Agile methodologies, etc. Furthermore, in order to establish the agile enterprise, Normalized Systems Theory and enterprise ontology (DEMO, Design and Engineering Methodology for Organizations) are put forward as important methodologies in both enterprise and IT architecture. In addition, participants will acquire a broad perspective and the managerial skills needed to lead and succeed in a dynamic and fast evolving digital environment.
This internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) in Enterprise IT Architecture, will trigger participants to confront practice with science. A highly interactive learning journey – supported by top faculty, visiting guest lecturers, peer-to-peer learning, case studies, individual and group assignments – will guarantee a well-balanced and unique mixture of rigor and practice.
After attending this program:
- you have broadened and deepened your knowledge of general management and IT management & governance;
- you can leverage information technology to help innovate the enterprise. You can design and implement the enterprise in a unified and integrated manner – including process models – required to realize the enterprise strategy;
- you will become a driver and leader for digital transformation projects
- you can design and implement future-proof and evolvable IT systems;
- you are able to integrate enterprise IT architecture aspects with insights in IT governance and value management;
- you are well prepared to successfully obtain professional certifications such as “Certified DEMO Bachelor/Master” and ISACA’s CISA, CISM, CRISC and CGEIT.
The program focuses on deepening and practicing your knowledge in enterprise & IT architecture. In addition this program holds modules on business strategy, leadership, change and risk management. You can also register for an individual master classes:
- Residential opening seminar
- Digital Transformation: Strategy & Leadership
- Business Research Methods & Master Project Preparation
- Master Class Corporate Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Digital Assets
- Master Project: group and faculty feedback sessions
- Master Class Information Security Management
- Leadership, Change and Personal Development
Profile of past editions
The master degree ‘Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture’ is AACSB and NVAO accredited. Graduates obtain a “MSc” (master of science) title of Antwerp Management School..
This program is designed to accommodate experienced IT professionals as well as experienced business managers:
- Enterprise IT architects, IT analysts, IT managers, CIOs, business & IT consultants, business unit managers, digital marketeers, business analysts, business & service architects, solution architects, program and project managers