This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
Public and social profit organizations are under increasing pressure to implement policies more efficiently with less resources. Guaranteeing qualitative services with less resources means learning to work more efficiently. The General Management course meets these needs by providing principles of Strategic Management, Process Management and Project Management that you can immediately implement. Embedded in a social awareness perspective, Antwerp Management School wants to give a powerful impulse to the professionalization of public institutions and social profit organizations by offering hands-on courses tailored to the specific management needs of the sector.
Upon completion of this program you will have reached the following objectives:
- Analyzing and optimizing processes;
- Adding efficiency to discussions within your organization in the field of Process Management;
- Insight in techniques and methods for project plan design and examining the succession of projects;
- Knowledge of the most important concepts regarding Project Management;
- Analyzing management problems and formulating solutions;
The ‘General Management for the Public and Social Profit Sector’ program is part of the ‘Postgraduate Public and Social Profit Management’. This postgraduate program consists of 4 modules, which can be attended separately, as well as a personal leadership course:
- Module 1: General Management
- Module 2: HRM
- Module 3: Strategic Communication
- Module 4: Financial Management
You can only participate in the personal leadership course if you register for the full postgraduate track.
This course is aimed at managers, staff members and specialists from the public and social profit sectors who want to increase their management expertise, further develop themselves and gain a broader perspective on the organization. Participants work in municipalities, social services, schools, cities, small and large non-profit organizations, Flemish governmental institutions, hospitals, care centers, etc.