This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
In a social context with constant change, there is increasing pressure in the public & social profit sector to implement policies in an efficient manner. With fewer resources, a constantly changing legislation and civilians making more demands, managers in public and social profit sectors are faced with big challenges.
Embedded in a social awareness perspective, Antwerp Management School wants to give a strong impulse to the professionalization of public institutions and social profit organizations by offering hands-on courses tailored to the specific management needs of the sector.
After attending this program:
- You have acquired wide and practically relevant marketing insights;
- You have acquired strategic insights and know how to translate them to communication actions;
- You can deliver a positive contribution to future developments within your organization with your acquired knowledge of communication
- You can function with more knowledge and you can estimate and assess principles, decisions and positions, both internally and externally, more efficiently;
This program ‘Strategic Communication for Public and Social Profit Organizations’ is part of the ‘Postgraduate Public & Social Profit Management’. This postgraduate cycle consists of 4 modules, which can be followed separately, and a personal leadership track:
- Module 1: General Management
- Module 2: HRM
- Module 3: Strategic Communication
- Module 4: Financial Management
You can only participate in the personal leadership track if you register for the full postgraduate track.
The following subjects are the focus of this third module:
- Theoretical introduction
- Reputation management
- Environment analysis as a basic requirement for communication management
- Strategic government communication
- Discourse analysis
- Crisis communication
- Strategic thinking and recommendations
- Evaluation moment
This course is designed for managers, staff employees and specialists from the public and social profit sector who want to increase their management expertise, develop further and get a broader perspective on the organization. Participants work in municipalities, social services, schools, cities, small and large non-profit organizations, Flemish governmental institutions, hospitals, care centers, etc.