This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
Real Estate Markets and Location has a unique mix between academic insights and practice.
In this module real estate projects will be seen from the perspective of economic geography and special economics:
- in the introduction, traditional and modern theories on localization of economic activities/actors are addressed;
- attention will be paid to both industrial localization and the location of service activities (retail, business services);
- the specific real estate markets will be introduced: residential market, offices market and real estate for retail;
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems) will be introduced;
- there will be a short introduction on the influence of environmental planning of real estate markets and their location;
- day trip to London.
University schooled professionals with at least 3 years of working experience in real estate.
Potential profiles of future participants are:
- Investors, fund and capital managers, financiers, financial planners, corporate real estate managers, asset managers;
- project and development managers, facility managers, land surveyors and estimators,, engineers, architects, urban engineers;
- real estate advisors, lawyers, business revisors, bookers, accountants, developers, contractors, real estate developers, notaries.