Module 1: Excellence in strategic management
Leaders provide strategic direction and are capable of mobilizing others to collaborate and share their dreams. In this module you learn both how to deal with a turbulent environment and how to balance tensions and paradoxes. This module is composed of two parts.
In the first part, Strategy Formulation, we introduce the right tools and techniques to formulate a breakthrough strategy. Classic frameworks such as environmental scanning are complemented with the Jobs-to-be-Done Theory enabling the search for competitive advantage. Based on seven tests, we offer you some rules of thumb to improve the effectiveness of your strategy.
A strategy cannot be realized without a clear, explicit and widely supported Strategy Execution process. That is the topic of the second part of this module. We share proven methods to ensure strategy execution becomes an integral part of your day-to-day operation. We challenge you to achieve an execution premium that expresses the added value and impact of a disciplined strategy process.
After this module you can:
- translate the complexity of your environment into a clear outline for strategy;
- make the why, what and how explicit with a clear and robust mission, vision and strategy;
- set to work with innovative strategy frameworks;
- transform your strategic goals into a set of KPIs and use them in a motivatingmanner;
- embed and optimize your strategy execution processes.