This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
This program has been designed for everyone involved in care, health or welfare, who wants to understand better what the Flemish care industry looks like and how their own organization fits into it. We will make the care industry insightful and tangible, so that we can better understand the challenges of today and tomorrow. The current challenges may be solved if different players in this care industry join forces.
But when and how is this a good idea? That is what we will investigate together. We will sketch the theoretical framework around networking and we will move on to a new learning method: a simulation game in which we gather as many actors of the care sector as possible: Organizorg. In the second half of the program, we will zoom in on quality and strategy, and finally on organizational structure and culture and the associated care for own employees.
After following the program:
- You have insight in the Flemish care industry: about systems, organizations and people;
- You are familiar with the theoretical framework around networking and able to think about partnerships for your organization;
- You are able to design a quality policy that is linked to the vision and strategy of the organization;
- You have learned how to cope with change and grow resilience within yourself and your employees.
The module ‘Management in care’ is part of the Postgraduate Management in care. This postgraduate course consists of 4 modules, which can be followed separately, and a personal leadership trajectory:
- Module 1: General Management
- Two modules to be chosen from
- This module: Management in care
- You can only participate in the personal leadership trajectory if you register for the full postgraduate program.
(Senior) staff, head nurses, department heads, (network) managers, caregivers and aid workers who are active in the care and welfare sector: residential care centers, centers for mental health care, care provision for people with disabilities, home care, hospitals, etc.
Day 1: Overview care landscape
Day 2: Networking
Day 3: Networking
Day 4: Quality in care