This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
In the continuously changing company context, the role of HR evolves as well. The business expects HR specialists, who can also think strategically, so they can meet the new challenges of tomorrow.
The Master in HR Management is an established value at Antwerp Management School. The program is directed at students who are in possession of a master’s degree and who have an outspoken interest in Human Resources. The program focuses on hands-on, strategic and commercial aspects and therefore goes much further than mere personnel management.
After following this program, you will:
- have gained the necessary competences and skills to transfer to a proper job and career as HR professional;
- be able to apply the gained knowledge in different company and organizational contexts and be able to think strategically within the different domains of HR;
- have gained the necessary consulting skills to take on an advising HR role either internally or externally;
- be capable to reflect critically on current HR processes and procedures;
- be aware of your personal development and have gained concrete handles for this within an open feedback culture.
- Business and Organizational Psychology
- Social Legislation
- Business Sociology
- Financial Management & Accountancy
- Management & Organization
- Employee Information Systems
- Leadership and Career Development Track
- HR-specific topics surrounding: recruiting and assessment, careers and education, reward and value, HR in the public sector, health, diversity, and business relations
- Consulting Project: during the last 8 weeks of the program you will get the opportunity to turn theory into practice as a group, thanks to a consulting project.
HR consulting bootcamp
The aim of this residential Consulting Bootcamp is submerging the MHRM students in a “consultancy” mindset for three days. It is centered on consulting and commercial management skills. This seminar also reinforces the (chance to) a subsequent influx of students into the labor market as (internal/external) consultants.
The degree “Master in Human Resource Management”, an official degree recognized by the Flemish Community, will be awarded upon successful completion of the program. This program is AACSB, NVAO and Eduniversal accredited.
Students from earlier editions had an undergraduate degree in the following disciplines:
- Economics and Organizational Sciences – 44%
- Social Sciences – 23%
- Psychological and Pedagogical Sciences – 16%
- Law and Criminology – 12%
- Others: Philosophy, Philology, Medicine, Physical Education, Religion – 5%