Since its launch in 2015, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have become increasingly popular. In 2018, the Antwerp Management School, the University of Antwerp and UCLouvain took the initiative to develop the first SDG barometer to measure the adoption of the SDGs in Belgium.
But what about the integration of the SDGs in Belgian organizations today? Do awareness and implementation initiatives help achieve the SDGs? And how did organizations progress compared with 2 years ago?
To answer these questions, the partners in this project developed the SDG Barometer 2020. This research focuses on companies, social organizations, educational institutions and public organizations.
- March – May 2020: Design survey
- June 2020: Launching the survey
- July – September 2020: Analysis of the survey
- October: Design report and presentation of the results
This project contributes to:
- Belgian scientific research that maps the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals within Belgian organizations;
- the further dissemination of knowledge about the SDGs;
- the SDG Forum program (29 October 2020, Brussels) where the results of the barometer will be presented
This research builds further on the results of the SDG Barometer 2018 and consists of five parts from which new insights will arise:
- Sustainability in organizations in general
- Stakeholder participation and partnerships
- Knowledge and implementation of the SDGs in organizations
- Materiality assessments and progress of the SDGs
Register for our newsletter
Receive updates for the topic of your choice.