Icon info
Visa web
Overview FTM
Belgium for international students
VISA application

VISA application

Your VISA Application

If you're an international student living outside the EU or EEA, you'll need a visa in order to study in Belgium. This process can start after you have been admitted to one of our programs. Upon your admission, we require a 3000 euro deposit to secure your place in the program. When you are officially enrolled, we will issue a letter to support your VISA application.

How exactly does the VISA application procedure work?

We'll get you started!

We strongly recommend you to start this process as soon as you receive your letter, as this may take several weeks (or in some cases even months) to be completed. Three months before the start of the academic year gives you enough time to complete this process.

  • Step 1: Visit the website of the Belgian Embassy in your own country and start gathering the necessary documents. You can find an overview of Belgian Embassies here.
  • Step 2: Before handing in your application, make sure that you have paid the necessary fee stipulated by the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The fee that applies to you is the one for "students who will be enrolled in an educational establishment organized, accredited or subsidized by the Government". The application fee is non-refundable.

In the event that your VISA application is denied, we will refund your €3000 deposit, only deducting an administrative fee of €150 .

Please check if your program contains one or several trips outside of Europe. The administrative VISA costs necessary for travel are at your own expense.

Do you want to learn more about these trips? Check out your program page!

Pexels Paperwork

Living expenses (optional but advised)

The main reason why a visa is refused is because of insufficient proof of financial means.

To help fulfill this requirement, we provide you with the option of paying the required living expenses of € 9660 into a separate account of Antwerp Management School. Once we have received the sum of € 9660, we will send you a confirmation letter that you have to add to your visa application file. This letter ensures the Belgian Embassy that you can cover the cost of living in Belgium for 12 months, which will facilitate the visa application process - and could even make a difference in receiving your visa in time!

Once you have arrived in Antwerp, you will receive € 805 monthly into your private account during the course of your studies in Antwerp (12 months). The payment of living expenses can be done by bank transfer and the payment details can be found below. Please inform your program coordinator as soon as you have made the payment so we can send you the confirmation letter.

Bank: KBC Bank

IBAN: BE66 7360 1240 4243


Beneficiary: Antwerp Management School

Address: Boogkeers 5, 2000 Antwerpen

Mention : your name + your program (MGM, MMATM, MSCM, MIFM, MOF, MSIE, MIM or HRM) + living expenses

Please note that all international transactions, currency conversions or other payment costs are at the expense of the sender. Bank charges are the registrant’s liability and should not be deducted from the fee.

Banner Master in China Europe Business

You might also like

Antwerpen grote markt

Find housing in Antwerp

While this may sound daunting, many international students before you have found student housing without a problem!

Get some housing tips

Dokter Office

Healthcare in Belgium

The Belgian healthcare system is one of the best in the world. If something happens to you, you will be well cared for in a most professional way.

Read more

2 F1 A0650 Edit


As you gear up for your academic adventure with us, we understand that a seamless transition is key to making the most of your experience. In this section, we've curated essential information guiding you through the registration process at both Antwerp Management School (AMS) and the City of Antwerp.

Read more

Register for our newsletter

Receive updates for the topic of your choice.

Learn More
Function Program advisor full-time master's programs
Meeting Learn More
Julie Hillewaert WEB