This program is taught in English
About the program
New laws, regulation and public expectations have pushed IT related Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) topics high up on the boardroom agenda. Organizations, both large and small, need skilled professionals who can ensure that IT policies and processes are supporting the organization’s strategies and objectives.
The Master Class Governance and Management of Digital Assets is built around the key governance and management issues of digital assets posed by business and IT managers, including:
- How to ensure that your IT related investments and services are in-line with your business needs?
- How to ensure that IT enabled innovations emerge in your organizations?
- How to create IT policies and processes supporting business strategies and objectives?
- How to take and to manage sourcing decisions around enterprise IT?
- How to manage the relationship with external third parties?
- How to capitalize on IT enabled investments?
- How to manage the continuity and performance of your digital environment?
Featuring selected case studies, this program integrates empirical research with practical applications, including an in-depth discussion on the COBIT 5 framework. This internationally recognized and adapted framework is used to build, measure and audit the enterprise governance of IT related investments.
Key objectives of this Master Class is to address all governance and management related aspects around the enterprise IT assets. After attending this master class, participants will be able to understand, to apply and to integrate all concepts related to:
- Evaluating, directing and controlling enterprise IT;
- Aligning, planning and organizing enterprise IT;
- Building, acquiring and implementing enterprise IT;
- Delivering enterprise IT service and support;
- Monitoring, evaluating and assessing enterprise IT;
- Identifying and communicating the organization’s IT related business value opportunities and risks;
- Preparing and making management decisions in the domains of IT governance, audit, control and security;
- Applying the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT 5.
This Master Class addresses all the strategic, tactical and operational aspects of governing and managing your digital assets. Key focus areas of the curriculum are:
- Strategic planning, auditing and organization of IT related functions;
- Managing the enterprise IT architecture;
- Managing IT enabled innovation;
- Managing the portfolio of IT enabled investments;
- Managing IT related cost and budgets;
- Managing the relationship and cooperation between business and IT managers;
- Managing IT related sourcing and contracting decisions;
- Managing IT related services and operations;
- Managing IT related development activities and projects;
- Managing IT related assets and configurations;
- Managing IT related availability, capacity and continuity;
- Monitoring IT related performance and control;
- Providing assurance against IT related goals and risks.
In each area we address theoretical aspects, implementation challenges, management practices and processes, key objectives and KPIs, roles and responsibilities, etc. In order to structure the module and to ensure a comprehensive and complete overview of all governance and management approaches, we are building on COBIT 5 as the supporting umbrella framework.
This Master Class is designed for business and IT professionals involved in business and IT strategy development, corporate governance, risk & compliance, internal audit, etc. All responsible for value creation out of IT enabled investments:
- CIO and C-level executives;
- BU managers;
- IT managers/directors;
- IT service managers;
- (IT) Quality managers;
- Internal and Operational auditors;
- Risk and compliance managers/directors (GRC);
- IT service managers;
- Business process owners;
- (IT) Program, Project & Portfolio managers;
- (IT) Business consultants;
- Information security managers.
Based on active participation in this course and after successful completion of the module assignment you will receive a Master Class Certificate delivered by Antwerp Management School and Maastricht University School of Business & Economics.
In addition you will receive an exemption for this module(s) if you register for one of the Antwerp Management School Executive Master tracks in Leading Digital Transformation.
Get a master degree!
The Master Class Governance & Management of Digital assets is an integral part of out Executive Master tracks in Leading Digital Transformation.Three part-time master programs are offering you the flexibility to combine your job and career perspectives with the commitment and aspirations of obtaining a master degree.
- Executive Master in IT Management (MITM)
- Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture (MEITA)
- Executive Master in IT Governance and Assurance (MITGA)
Thanks to the modular construction of these master tracks, we are offering maximum flexibility with multiple starting points spread over two academic years. Start with a module and apply for the full master track later or combine only those modules that are the best fit to your personal needs.
Successful completion of the part-time master program will result in a Master of Science (MSc) diploma with double accreditation: the international AACSB accreditation as well as the Benelux NVAO accreditations.