This program is taught in English
About the program
In today’s fast evolving society, companies and organizations have become highly dependent on information technology. These IT systems need to be embedded, integrated and embraced within the organization. However, in order to master the organizational and technical complexity in a fast changing context, the enterprise business objectives, procedures, technology and human resources need to be organized as an integrated ecosystem. This calls for an adequate and strategic IT enterprise design in order to deliver superior value.
As a result, the role of an enterprise IT architect is to develop and to provide comprehensive, coherent, and concise strategic IT options to the business. As such, the enterprise IT architect has become crucial in today’s strategic development and support of the enterprise digital transformation path.
The Master Class Agile Enterprise Architecture & Engineering is focusing on the role of enterprise IT architecture and enterprise IT engineering with the challenge to obtain a powerful result driven integrated ecosystem, i.e. successful business and IT alignment. The program is offering up-to-date knowledge and state-of-the-art insights for business and IT professionals in order to excel in the proactive (re)design of the organization. The program has a managerial focus.
- Learn how to recognize, identify, and describe the technical and organizational challenges of the enterprise, including all functional domains, reporting levels, human resources and technology. Learn how to establish design principles that will enable the organization to drive and to manage change;
- Become the enterprise change agent between management, the IT department and all operational units within your organization. Take the lead in the support and realization of strategic objectives in order to succeed in a technology driven context;
- Practice DEMO (Design and Engineering Methodology for Organizations), a scientifically grounded (TU Delft) ontological approach to understand and to describe the complexity of the enterprise. You will become fully prepared to successfully obtain the ‘DEMO Bachelor and/or Master’ certificate of the Enterprise Engineering Institute.
After attending this program, participants have further developed their professional skills:
- You are able to recognize and to reduce complexity in the organizational design of the digital enterprise;
- You will be able to identify and to describe the key issues of organizational transactions and business processes;
- You will recognize complex design patterns in the enterprise business processes;
- You will have a comprehensive and appropriate overview of the most important concepts of current systems development and architectural methodologies;
- You will become a DEMO practitioner (option to obtain the ‘Demo Bachelor’ and/or ‘DEMO Master’ certificate);
- You will understand and will be able to resolve the fundamental reason for organizational rigidity;
- You will be able to identify, to describe and to establish solutions to prevent combinatorial effects, triggered by system changes.
The master class consists of several parts each addressing specific topics. Throughout the master class, models and concepts are taught, illustrated and practiced with cases and exercises. All in-class sessions will be highly interactive, with a lot of focus on sharing experiences and challenging ideas.
- Part 1 & 2: Diagnosing the Enterprise Architecture
This module discusses the broader organizational context of the digital enterprise. It describes the enterprise as a system that can be (re)designed taking into account IT systems, business processes and organizational objectives. The content of the module provides a pragmatic approach for alignment of the organization’s functional strategy with the organizations constructional design. It covers:
- Defining enterprise architecture within the enterprise design;
- Mastering organizational complexity;
- Designing the organization, defining design principles and realizing strategic objectives;
- The opportunities and constraints of the modeling the organizations, i.e. what is an enterprise model?;
- Application workshops using DEMO as an example of architecture & engineering methodologies.
- Part 3: Engineering Agility & Evolvability
This module offers you theoretical insights and a practical toolbox to handle the complexity and time consuming implications of change. It will deal with changes in the organization, the enterprise architecture, all business processes, documentation and IT systems. Participants will obtain insights in, and develop solutions for, the dynamics and traceability issues of changes. Based on Normalized Systems Theory, the curriculum includes identifying and resolving the effects of change within the organization’s structures, processes and systems. It covers:
- Learning the difference between descriptive and prescriptive architecture;
- Realizing stability, being the combination of evolvability and continuity;
- Understanding the difference between static and dynamic modularity;
- Practicing the incorporation of engineering principles in the design of the enterprise.
- Important note: Part 3 cannot be followed separately and can only be followed after completing successfully Part 1 & 2. Contact the Program Director for more information.
This program is designed for:
- Enterprise architects, IT analysts, IT architects, developers, IT managers, CIOs, business consultants, business unit managers, digital marketeers, business analysts, solution architects, business architects, service architects, program and project managers
- Anyone within the organization involved in, or responsible for, change management and/or the redesign of business processes
- Participants are active in various types of organizations such as consulting and auditing firms, IT services providers, manufacturing, healthcare and governmental organizations.
Based on active participation in this course and after successful completion of the module assignment you will receive a Master Class Certificate delivered by Antwerp Management School.
In addition you will receive an exemption for this module(s) if you register for one of the Antwerp Management School Executive Master tracks in Leading Digital Transformation.
Get a master’s degree!
The Master Classes of Agile Enterprise & Engineering are an integral part of our Executive Master tracks in Leading Digital Transformation. Three part-time master programs are offering you the flexibility to combine your job and career perspectives with the commitment and aspirations of obtaining a master degree.
- Executive Master in IT Management (MITM)
- Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture (MEITA)
- Executive Master in IT Governance and Assurance (MITGA)
Thanks to the modular construction of these master tracks, we are offering maximum flexibility with multiple starting points spread over two academic years. Start with a module and apply for the full master track later or combine only those modules that fit your personal needs the best.
Successful completion of the part-time master program will result in a Master of Science (MSc) diploma with double accreditation: the international AACSB accreditation as well as the Benelux NVAO accreditation.