This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
Design Thinking is based on the approach that designers take when developing products and services. It combines a spirit of openness and creativity with purposeful processes, enabling you to discover new business opportunities that respond to your users’ real needs. This helps generate new user solutions and new (strategic) opportunities for your company.
This masterclass gives you not only all the necessary theoretical knowledge, but will also lead you through practical workshops and exercises.
This will involve making use of tools such as strategy-print, stakeholder mapping, personas, observation, affinity diagrams, research walls, design letters, PSS-prototyping, customer journey mapping, service blueprints and business modelling.
After finishing this program you will be able to:
- Discover new, customizable and competitive opportunities in areas such as systems, processes, products, services, etc.
- Learn to (further) develop your creative talents and use them to solve problems and discover and/or design opportunities. This will help boost your company productivity.
- Permanently change your way of thinking. You will learn to think like your customers and you can tune the synergies of ‘what the customer wants’ and ‘where your company want to go to’.
- Greatly increase your chances of success and minimize failure, as your customers’ genuine needs and values are no longer a mystery to you.
- Learn to embrace complexity and to work with it in a positive way as a function of the needs of your organization and customers.
- Learn how to stimulate and manage cross-disciplinary collaboration. By involving all levels, new partnerships will be forged, thereby strengthening your organization.
- Improve your stream of knowledge and idea-development processes as you apply new insights and approaches.
- Capitalise on your three months of post-training consultation, and come to us for advice if you get stuck somewhere.
Do you want to read more about Business Design Thinking?
Research: DESIGN THE RIGHT THING
You will start with hands-on learning, guiding you from strategy to concrete projects. You will learn to set up a reliable and customizable investigation through which you will discover the real needs of the users, and thus your reasons to innovate. You will of course learn observation skills, plus we will also offer you creative and co-creative techniques for acquiring new insights.
You will implement the next 4 steps:
- Determining your strategy: Who are you as a company? Who are your customers and what is your strategic point of departure for your innovation trajectory?
- Planning and carrying out research: Along with your users, you will determine their real needs through qualitative user research (observation, customer journey mapping, etc.).
- Analysis of the research results: what meaningful insights can you draw from your research and what valuable solutions could these insights offer your customers?
- The design letter: a synthesis of all previous steps, converted into a mission statement on which your design assignment will be based.
After this research phase you will get time to apply the insights of your fictional case study to your own organization. You will thus know exactly where your company should go and what your users actually need. You will be capable of drawing up a clear assignment or project and you will be on the starting blocks for a specific course of action.
Design: DESIGN THE THING RIGHT
In part two, you will work with simple but powerful prototype techniques for complex environments. You learn how to convert the mission statement to sound existing cases. Simultaneously a business model will develop. Eventually, the first version of an implementable concept will unfold.
Finally, we will show you how Design Thinking can gradually and from the bottom up (i.e. from the projects) change not only your organization and its culture, but also permanently change your own way of thinking.
You will then follow the next 4 steps:
- Idea generation: the (co-creative) generation of as many new, innovative ideas as possible, based on the proposed design letter.
- Prototyping and testing: the iterative process of building (together), testing and learning of increasingly reliable prototypes of products, services or systems.
- Real-world implementation: translating this to a business model and endorsing an implementation plan for the company that offers this solution.
This masterclass focuses on managers who want themselves and their companies to flourish by replacing their old, analytical methodology with a creative and innovative process, adapted to the real needs of their customers.
Profiles: business leaders, innovation managers, R&D managers, brand managers, innovation managers, change managers, product managers, sales managers, marketers, etc.
TIP -By involving both a strategic and an executive person in your Design Thinking process, you can create a microclimate within your company. The success rate of your innovation will therefore increase considerably.
The ‘Business Design Thinking’ certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.