Module 1: Understanding the strategic context
This module discusses the broader organizational context of information security and provides a pragmatic approach to align the cyber security strategy to the organization’s strategic goals. Related governance, legal and compliancy aspects will be covered as well as the economics of information security.
- Information Security and Business & IT alignment, Critical Success Factors;
- Enterprise Risk Management – Risk Standards (ISO/ISF);
- Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Impact analysis;
- Economics of information security – The Security Balanced Scorecard.
Module 2: Translating the information security strategy into action
In this module participants will learn how to build and to execute a short, mid and long-term information security program. Participants will learn how to develop a professional information security management system for their organization. The curriculum includes identifying all the relevant information security risks, achieving management approval to launch the security initiative and monitoring the results through a project-based approach.
- How to determine your organization’s biggest threats and risk;
- How to develop and promote Cyber Security Awareness within your organization;
- Information Security Governance: organization, management, responsibilities, reporting;
- Program Development and Management;
- Incident Management and Response.
Module 3: Understanding and maintaining operational aspects of cyber security management
This module addresses all operational matters related to cyber security management, including questions such as how to keep cyber security on the executive agenda and how to measure, to control and to report information security within the predefined requirements and agreements. In addition, this module explores new security management challenges caused by new technological developments (e.g. automation, CI/CD, blockchain) and legal regulations (e.g. GDPR).
- Cyber security and Infrastructure;
- IT-security frameworks;
- NIST IT-security;
- Technical Risk Assessment;
- IT-continuity management;
- Disaster recovery;
- How to organize yourself during a cyber security breach: Crisis Business Game.