Next generation work
With the financial support provided by the European Social Fund.
Strengthening the sustainable employability of workers in the textile industry in a context of digital transformation.Transtex responds to the following trends:
- Two major trends within the labor market that are both a result of the VOCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment within which organizations are operating and careers are being shaped:
- Digital transformation within companies is increasing rapidly.
- There is a growing focus on employability as a prerequisite for career security.
- The situation within the textile industry:
- The textile industry is a blue-collar industry.
- The complexity of the work is increasing.
- At the same time, workforce ageing within the textile industry is increasing while the inflow into textile training is too low to meet the demand for skilled textile operators.
- The textile industry is an SME-dominated industry.
Strengthen the sustainable employability of workers in the textile industry
With the Transtex research project, we want to strengthen the sustainable employability of workers in the textile industry in a context of digital transformation. The project starts from the teaching of the necessary technological skills but also strongly focuses on social skills to ensure the employability of the target group.
Transtex develops a trajectory tailored to the vulnerable workers within the textile industry. We analyze and stimulate the use of varying methods for knowledge transfer to continue to develop and expand the competencies of the target group. We also develop an employability policy and empower and train the target group’s direct managers.
The only way to strengthen this project’s target group is to make sure that workers within the textile industry learn new 'digital' skills. Transforming jobs within the industry along with the textile profession is quite a challenge but is key to maintain the industry in Belgium/Flanders. We do this by:
- Offering a tailor-made trajectory for vulnerable workers within the textile industry.
- Empowering the target group but also their immediate environment.
- Generating more insights into the motivation of blue collars and using these insights to increase personal flexibility, self-management, etc.
- organize labor in a different way and enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Retaining competent employees and attracting motivated new talents.
- Further profiling your company as an attractive employer.