Business Design & Innovation
In the first place: businesses in the food sector that are active in different phases of the innovation process. The broader target group is created with the minimum 300 companies in the food sector and a network of at least as many suppliers.
6 business cases have been developed to create the road map and some 50 companies are challenged to apply a similar trajectory. In the long term the knowledge needs to be further translated into a road map that can be used in a variety of sectors.
The economic valorization is aimed at better innovations that can lead to a significant increase in turnover, which goes hand in hand with extra investments and extra recruitments in these companies.
The concrete objectives of the project to increase the adoption of co-creation processes were:
- mapping out the drivers and inhibitions to adopting co-creation in companies in the food sector
- formulate an approach to take away barriers in these companies
- develop a systematic and validated road map that enables businesses in the food sector to faster and more successfully implement an innovation process through co-creation.
- a broader application and introduction of the road map beyond companies in the food sector
Concrete project results for co-creating companies:
- A new visitor experience for the Westmalle Abbey
- New strategy, portfolio and first products for CAMP’s
- New food concepts with SPIRULINA algae, and research on user acceptation
- Home delivery concepts for food
- A business model for shared prototype infrastructure (Makerspace)
Overall project results:
A generic approach towards co-creation trajectories based on the “double diamond model” (workshops, templates and manuals)
workshop 1: Innovation goal/ With which companies? With which people?workshop 2: compose core team/ create equality/ complementarity? visualize value creation for the parties involved/ project opportunities// Inspiring tools/involve the ad hoc team through research: needs/ wants of the end customerworkshop 3: research results as input for convergence: project choicevisualization of chosen concept(s)testing of concepts; improve and broaden/ involve the ad hoc teamconcrete realization of the project/ specification/ initiate elaborationvisualization of the chosen project/ market plan
Based on experience with the projects, a number of best practices and workarounds that were developed to recognize and tackle the most important issues and hurdles in co-creation for a maximum result.
In totaal werden binnen de cases 20 unieke bedrijven betrokken. Cumulatief werden met de projectresultaten nog eens 200 individuele bedrijven bereikt bij het afsluiten van het project. De projectresultaten (templates, handleidingen en proces) werden geborgd en publiek gemaakt middels de –voor dit project ontwikkelde website www.lerencocreeren.be.
Register for our newsletter
Receive updates for the topic of your choice.