Business Design & Innovation
Apart from the standard public transport on offer, there is an increasing number of share systems such as car sharing and bicycle sharing. To make multimodal travel possible, all these different types of transport must be better aligned.
By having electric bicycles, cars and scooters as well as electric charging posts available at stations, the end-user is more inclined to use them.
As a platform for multimodal mobility, Olympus helped all mobility actors to create new markets:
- Flexible multimodal transport solutions conveniently presented to end-users.
- Facilitate the development of the electric vehicle market, thanks to the interoperability of the charging infrastructure as well as smart charging infrastructure and an efficient energy management.
The most important partner in Olympus was NMBS Holding. Smart Mobility was involved as a test user for testing electric bicycles (blue bikes), shared cars (e-cambio) and e-scooters.
- Less CO2 emission through increased use of electric vehicles
- Less traffic and related issues as more people use public transport
- Less need for parking space
Today Olympus is a B2B platform that combines supply and demand in mobility which allows users to effortlessly put together mobility packages. The mobile app and the Olympus Mobib card are the central tools.
Register for our newsletter
Receive updates for the topic of your choice.