Design & Innovation
Making freight transport and the mobility of people more sustainable is a huge challenge for Flanders. Both are important pillars of our economy and prosperity. Both are facing big challenges on CO2 reduction and loss due to congestion.
This project achieved the following realizations:
- combine all the knowledge that Flemish universities and knowledge centers have on this theme;
- gather and analyze data that contribute to a policy that ensures cities and their environment adhere to sustainable mobility and logistics in Flanders;
- evelop instruments and strategies that help urban distribution contribute to the reinforcement of the logistics sector in and around cities;
- develop instruments that help evaluate the effect of policies around urban sustainability and mobility in the overall framework of mobility and logistics in Flanders;
- in several case studies, check how the knowledge gathered applies to companies;
- allow Flemish universities and knowledge centers to further develop their expertise so they can play an important role in the international research around urban mobility and logistics.
Smart Mobility carried out stakeholder analyses and value network analyses to map out the political, economic, social and technical aspects of different data sources for the creation of a data warehouse. Based on the results a road map was elaborated to assist governments and businesses with the further development and application of mobility data. For this assignment a data inventory tool was developed (mobiliteitsdata.be) based on European rules for data registration.
Smart Mobility collaborated on the creation of a ‘road map mobility data warehouse’, which we wanted to use to put Flanders and the businesses in a position to have mobility data effectively lead to sustainable mobility through new business models.
Register for our newsletter
Receive updates for the topic of your choice.