This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
Society is changing rapidly. Organizations within health care, public sector and social sector get the feeling they’re no longer able to tackle the complex questions and needs of their customers. Those who have an extensive network usually perform better on innovation.
Organizations are increasingly being part of network which they utilize to get things done. That can be a strategic decision, but this is usually because certain organizations or clients expect this.
Working together in networks is one of the most complex forms of organization out there. Its useless to get started without a distinct vision. Throughout the program you have to constantly consider: “To network or not to network? And if we network, what’s the correct way to do so?”
In this program you learn what organizational networks are exactly and how they can contribute to the succes of your organization. We zoom in on the importance of a good network and provide knowledge and techniques to increase the social capital or relational capital as a basis for co-creation within network organization. In-depth insights on opportunities for value creation by networking will be generated through conceptual frameworks, practice examples and contribution and analysis of your own practice situations.
After attending this program:
Part 1: Social capital
- You will know what social capital is and how to use them effectively, ethically and sustainably
- You can plot your existing network
- You will possess techniques to enlarge your network and make it more effective
- You will know how to utilize the social or relational capital in a qualitative and targetted manner for your organization’s growth
Part 2: Innovation networks or network organization
- You will be able to validate the use and added value of organization network based on insights from the first part.
- You will be able to strongly link conceptual insights on building and functioning of organization networks and practice
- You will know how to optimize the co-operation within a network
- You are challenged in an inspirational manner to look differently at co-operation, co-creation, innovation and especially value creation for clients within an organizational network.
The first three days, networking is approached from a strategic, administrative and managerial perspective. You can involve your network, the network you plan on being part of or the one you design as a case.
The program consists of 3 parts:
Part 1 (0,5 day): handles enlargement of social capital. The focus no longer lies on networking, but on when and how to network.
Part 2 (1,5 days): during this part we will have a closer look on innovation networks. We focus on the position of your organization in partnerships that have a common goal. Think of taking on a partnership with various organizations to develop innovative solutions not realizeable by any of the organizations separately.
Part 3 (1 day): At the end of part 2, the participants will get an assignment. For this assignment they have to draft an action plan of their own organization. After a month the group will be invited for an intervision on this.
This course is aimed at business leaders, SME-managers and other corporations, directors, board and higher management in public and social profit sectors, education and health care.