Next generation work
In this study, we analyze the impact of the global pandemic, the ongoing war in Ukraine, and the resulting energy crisis on labor. We investigate whether significant changes have occurred in our approach to work since the year 2020.
- Has the role of work in our daily lives changed from before?
- Have the expectations and preferences of employees shifted as a result of these events?
- And what about the mindset of both employers and HR professionals?
Our aim is to provide a profound understanding of the evolution of work and labor relations amid these significant global developments.
The COVID-19 crisis has compelled organizations to seek alternative ways of working, while employees demonstrated a remarkable adaptability. Since the onset of the pandemic, Antwerp Management School has surveyed business leaders, HR professionals, and employees seven times regarding the impact of this pandemic on the work environment. The key is to maintain a vigilant approach, with a renewed focus on the core themes that were previously addressed:
- The dynamics of telecommuting
- Promotion of well-being in the workplace
- Career paths and personal development
- Shifting expectations between employers and employees
- Evolving relationships between employers and employees
- And more...
First results presented in a webinar
Through surveys conducted with employees on one hand, and employers and HR professionals on the other, we provide insights into their respective perspectives.
In June 2023, the first survey was conducted with both groups. The results reveal that job satisfaction increases with age, and 'aiming for too much in life' is not the primary cause of burnout. These are just a few of the outcomes from the recent survey, which maps our relationship with our jobs and dispels some persistent stereotypes.
These findings were presented in the webinar 'Has work changed? The impact of disruptive events on employment' on September 4, 2023.
Some questions to be addressed:
- Are there noticeable differences between generations?
- What are the key factors affecting our mental well-being?
- How does job satisfaction vary among different age groups of employees?
If you want to read more about the results, consult the publications tab and read more in our blog or the press articles.
Interesse in masterclass over welzijn?
Momenteel bouwen wij volop aan onze masterclass over welzijn. Wil je er als eerste bij zijn? Laat het ons weten en ontvang alle info in primeur.
Register for our newsletter
Receive updates for the topic of your choice.