This program is taught in Dutch
About the program
Estate planning has found its regular place in any advice practice, not only because of financial considerations; civil rights play an increasingly important role, especially in the case of stepfamilies. The standard techniques on fiscal optimization are widely known by now. This master class goes beyond that. The advisor is given a thorough basic knowledge of marital property, and rights of inheritance and succession, to allow them to form their own judgment on new trends and techniques. Aspects of property & corporate law are also discussed in this master class.
After attending this program:
- You have a thorough basic knowledge of marital property, inheritance and succession law, aspects of property & corporate law.
- You have learned how to handle the juridical aspects of capital planning.
- You have insight into how transfers can be structured, keeping in mind both civil and financial consequences.
This master class is part of the ‘Executive Master in Personal Financial Planning’. This part-time master class consists of 4 modules which can be taken separately. The other modules are:
In this module ‘Estate Planner’ following topics will be addressed:
- Cohabitation forms and contracts: influencing capital
- Fiscal & civil consequences of cohabitation & capital transfer: current jurisdiction and legislation
- Structure of the transfer: inheritance and registration law & optimization
This course is designed for finance professionals with a university degree and at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. Possible profiles are: financial advisors in banking and insurance industries, private bankers, accountants and tax consultants, managers, directors of family businesses, lawyers, notaries and jurists.